Saturday, April 01, 2006

The Votes Are In & Counted!

Smacktown, here I come!

In the last two months, I've visited (in order of enjoyment) CA, NY and Houston. It's Northern California all the way, baby. Here's why:

McG has everything I want: it's secluded and separate from the city and even the rest of the university, a kind of Sacramento Sanctuary without metropolis distractions. The green, manicured campus is lovely; the people are generous and sexy; the admin & faculty made me feel wanted and welcome; the hoodie they gave me is incredibly comfortable; I can live on campus; the buildings are being steadily renovated (I'm sad to say I didn't get to see the library but I understand it's under construction and will be stupen-tastic by the time I arrive); I felt a sense of community and excitement when I visited. Also, I've heard the same three things about Sac: how laid-back and pleasant it is, how close to SF it is and how close to Tahoe it is.

You know, McG is exactly what I was opening Pace would be a year ago.

Woo-hoo! Now I begin scheduling and planning: housing, financial aide, when to leave my job, how the hell am I going to move my stuff to NoCal?

These last few months in Austin are sadly numbered but as we depart, we embark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home